Russell Rescue, Inc. (RRI) is a national network of volunteers dedicated to placing unwanted, displaced or abandoned Jack Russell Terriers into permanent homes. All dogs entering rescue are either temporarily placed in a foster home or must remain with their owners until a suitable home can be found. Foster space is limited so foster homes are generally reserved for dogs that are in danger of euthanasia at local shelters or are in an emergency situation. RRI gathers information designed to match terriers to the appropriate permanent home or temporary home. We are funded by tax-deductible donations, adoption and surrender fees and supported by dog lovers throughout the world.
What Russell Rescue Does
- Protects the Jack Russell Terrier by educating pet owners and breeders to the special needs of this breed to prevent displaced terriers. By offering advice and support to owners who wish to keep their pets, assisting them as to prevent the surrender of their Jack Russell Terrier.
- Provides for the temporary health and well being of Jack Russell Terriers given to the Russell Rescue, Inc by the owners who can no longer care for their dogs or Jack Russell Terriers housed in shelters, by offering temporary foster homes and/or referring educated adopters to the homeless Jack Russell Terriers in shelters.
- Places Jack Russell Terriers in suitable homes where they can live as the breed they are meant to be.
- Assists these terriers in finding homes where the quality of life will ensure a long safe healthy lifestyle for the terrier.
- Releases terriers who through no fault of their own from the pain and suffering of their lives in the most humane way when necessary.
- When unable to assist, RRI may be able to help refer you to other resources.
Spotlight on the Fab Five
Introducing the Fab Five! These five sweethearts need your help! Tate, Callum, Seamus and Ruby all tested positive for heartworms and desperately need treatment. All of these little darlings were saved from kill shelters just in the nick of time and are in foster care through Russell Rescue, Inc., but they now need their hearts mended with lifesaving treatment!
Feb 3, 2015 – An update has been posted regarding Spencer’s surgery and Seamus’s heartworm testing.
Spencer found himself at a kill shelter after his owner died. He has a history of chronic ear infections, and now his little ears are so infected that they need surgery to fix them in order to save his hearing!
Can you help us to help them? The Fab Five all need to receive their treatment before they can be placed into their forever homes. The cost to treat these pups will run about $3,500. If you could find it in your heart to donate, these sweethearts would be eternally grateful! Thank you!
Please donate to help the Fab Five.
Support Russell Rescue using AmazonSmile
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization – like Russell Rescue, every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Russell Rescue. Read More About AmazonSmile.
Jack Russell Adoptions
Terriers in Rescue are in great need of proper JR homes and while they may need a little special handling, adopting a terrier in need can be much more rewarding than starting with a new puppy. If you are interested in adopting a Jack Russell Terrier through Russell Rescue, Inc., you MUST fill out an adoption application. No exceptions! A searchable list of available terriers in the US is online.
Funded By Donations
Our organization is funded entirely by donations. These donations are used for temporary housing, spaying/neutering, veterinarian treatments, food, water, etc. The goal of RRI is to have this unique hunting terrier be in the protective care of those who thoroughly understand this breed.
Volunteer your Time/Expertise
501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization
Russell Rescue, Inc. has been approved as a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. All donations made to RRI are tax-deductible to the contributor.